A LABA Love Story
Cluster X13 @ pre-HH
Cluster X13 @ pre-HH
"What is an asado?" the law school student asked while strolling through Revson plaza as we grilled delicious premium cut Omaha beef. "An asado is like a bbq, but incredibly better," I said, as her watering mouth betrayed her incredulous eyes. That right there, the raw desire to consume beef in its most basic, yet delicious form, marinated only with fire and salt (no spices or sauces, unless added as chimichurri AFTER the meat has been cooked) is what this Latin American weekend tradition is all about. That, and getting tipsy with friends and family.
The event began at 12:00 pm as guests were greeted by LABA's own DJ Kleber, who was dropping Daddy Yankee beats swiftly mixed with the best of Calvin Harris and Tiesto. In the back, the LABA crew handled the food and drinks, while everyone else joined in, greeting old and new acquaintances. All in all, 200 pounds of beef, 300 beers, 20 bottles of wine, and 300 buns of bread were consumed by nearly 140 CBS students, alumni and significant others on a sunny Saturday afternoon last week.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CBS BOTTOM LINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CBS BOTTOM LINE NEWS
RECENT CBS BOTTOM LINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy