COLD CALLED: Laurie Hodrick
Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie
Yourself & your livelihood, in summary: Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie.
Something you're particularly good at: Growing a vegetable garden.
Five things you cannot do without: My family, my blackberry, my to-do list, Domaine Ott Rose wine, and a big bathtub.
A superpower you might like to possess: Moving faster than time.
Your favorite fictional villain: Anakin Skywalker.
What you spend a lot of time pondering: What do I want to do when I grow up?
A haiku about the Fed:
The Fed will print more money
Then comes inflation.
Something you want to learn: Better basic knife skills.
It takes courage to: Be yourself.
An analogy you find relevant: Peanut butter and jelly demonstrates positive synergies.
A cause you believe in: Gender equality.
Advice that has proved indispensible: "Every talk is a job talk." John Shoven, my dissertation adviser at Stanford.
Your favorite thing about New York: The suburbs.
Most important lesson learned at CBS: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.
How The Bottom Line can increase its margins: I asked my daughter, Courtney, who is the Opinions and Editorials Editor of the weekly Horace Mann Record. She suggests that you track your text down to negative 20.
The most unique thing about CBS: That I can teach theories on Monday, apply them in a case on Wednesday, and bring in the protagonist of the case on Thursday to provide unique insight and commentary.
The motto by which you live: If you are blessed to wake up, each day is a new beginning.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Recent CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CBS BOTTOM LINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CBS BOTTOM LINE NEWS
RECENT CBS BOTTOM LINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques