COLD CALLED: Laurie Hodrick
Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie
Yourself & your livelihood, in summary: Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie.
Something you're particularly good at: Growing a vegetable garden.
Five things you cannot do without: My family, my blackberry, my to-do list, Domaine Ott Rose wine, and a big bathtub.
A superpower you might like to possess: Moving faster than time.
Your favorite fictional villain: Anakin Skywalker.
What you spend a lot of time pondering: What do I want to do when I grow up?
A haiku about the Fed:
The Fed will print more money
Then comes inflation.
Something you want to learn: Better basic knife skills.
It takes courage to: Be yourself.
An analogy you find relevant: Peanut butter and jelly demonstrates positive synergies.
A cause you believe in: Gender equality.
Advice that has proved indispensible: "Every talk is a job talk." John Shoven, my dissertation adviser at Stanford.
Your favorite thing about New York: The suburbs.
Most important lesson learned at CBS: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.
How The Bottom Line can increase its margins: I asked my daughter, Courtney, who is the Opinions and Editorials Editor of the weekly Horace Mann Record. She suggests that you track your text down to negative 20.
The most unique thing about CBS: That I can teach theories on Monday, apply them in a case on Wednesday, and bring in the protagonist of the case on Thursday to provide unique insight and commentary.
The motto by which you live: If you are blessed to wake up, each day is a new beginning.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Recent CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CBS BOTTOM LINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CBS BOTTOM LINE NEWS
RECENT CBS BOTTOM LINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!