COLD CALLED: Laurie Hodrick
Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie
Yourself & your livelihood, in summary: Wife and mother, Professor and student, managing director, foodie.
Something you're particularly good at: Growing a vegetable garden.
Five things you cannot do without: My family, my blackberry, my to-do list, Domaine Ott Rose wine, and a big bathtub.
A superpower you might like to possess: Moving faster than time.
Your favorite fictional villain: Anakin Skywalker.
What you spend a lot of time pondering: What do I want to do when I grow up?
A haiku about the Fed:
The Fed will print more money
Then comes inflation.
Something you want to learn: Better basic knife skills.
It takes courage to: Be yourself.
An analogy you find relevant: Peanut butter and jelly demonstrates positive synergies.
A cause you believe in: Gender equality.
Advice that has proved indispensible: "Every talk is a job talk." John Shoven, my dissertation adviser at Stanford.
Your favorite thing about New York: The suburbs.
Most important lesson learned at CBS: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.
How The Bottom Line can increase its margins: I asked my daughter, Courtney, who is the Opinions and Editorials Editor of the weekly Horace Mann Record. She suggests that you track your text down to negative 20.
The most unique thing about CBS: That I can teach theories on Monday, apply them in a case on Wednesday, and bring in the protagonist of the case on Thursday to provide unique insight and commentary.
The motto by which you live: If you are blessed to wake up, each day is a new beginning.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Recent CBS Bottom Line News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CBS BOTTOM LINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CBS BOTTOM LINE NEWS
RECENT CBS BOTTOM LINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor